The birth of a child is an event to which nothing can compare. Pregnancy, labor, and birth are all powerful transitional times for a pregnant person and their family. It is so important to me that you feel well cared for, safe, comfortable, and free to express your concerns and wishes. During our visits, I’ll take the time to make sure that all of your questions are answered and any concerns are explored. I will offer all of the same tests available at OB/GYN offices, and we will discuss them fully so that you truly understand the meaning and importance of each recommended test. In addition to Western based treatments, I’ll suggest natural remedies when appropriate. Partners and children are encouraged to actively participate in your visits, and if so inclined, may play an integral role during labor and birth.
I practice full scope midwifery, offering the following services:
• Prenatal care – including referrals for ultrasounds/prenatal diagnostic testing, and lab work
• Labor, delivery and postpartum care
• Newborn examination
• Breastfeeding support
• HypnoBirthing childbirth education classes
• Well-person gynecological care – including pap smears
• Family planning – including prescribing birth control
• Natural Family Planning counseling – including Lactational Amenorrhea
Having the opportunity to be with pregnant people and their loved ones throughout this special time in their lives is such an honor for me, and one that I never get tired of!